Thursday, September 10, 2009

||"Soup"||


{{When there was only one font...}}



So, I've been considering writing a story for a while now, and one particular subject keeps scribbling notes in the side of my brain. I won't say what it is just yet, but you'll soon realize it's definitely a representation of a part of my life I am experiencing right now. I think it'll have some funny elements in it, but a lot of the sad truths of life will be incorporated as well.





I think it will be an e-story, a blory, or a stog - whatever you want to call it. I'll draft it on paper, then include it in the blog - and only the blog, which means it's open for editing and improvisation as I go along.





Back when I was in elementary school - when we had a Toshiba computer, who remembers those {{nostalgia sets in}}? The computer where you had to sign in to DOS mode before you could execute anything, the computer where documents were saved on "floppy disks" - not diskettes, floppies - the ones that actually wobbled when you shook them. I used to write stories that were hundreds of pages long. I had this "Secret Garden" type story that I wrote for a year, and when it came time to print it - the computer crashed and it was lost. I never wrote another story again. I mean, that computer was archaic - I used to play Jeopardy on it, and all the characters' faces were made up of hundreds of tiny numbers. There was no jpeg file or any of that. ::sigh:: Those were the days.





Anyway, I'm going to call on a few of you for help with this story - because I want to do it in a way that I have yet to see online. I'm hoping things will go as planned, because I think it will be a pretty interesting story once it all comes together. I should have the first couple of chapters done by this weekend. Hope you're in for a treat!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet@ yeah thats when we had windows 3.1, the best windows in my opinion.

    No explorer, no nothing. Just Fileman, solitaire, minesweeper, notepad, and calculator.

    Installing AOL on those things was like opening up a another word. Remember how you to move the little latch on the floppy disk thing to lock it in their? And the computers had Key Holes on the outside? So weird. I never had the key to mine.

    Can't wait for this story. You have to come in the office, and go through what you want with me, or we can do it whenever so that I can get a clear idea of the avatar.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete