Tuesday, November 17, 2009

{{Archive: Pluck the Fruit and Taste the Pleasure}}









































Monday, March 16, 2009

Pluck the Fruit and Taste the Pleasure

||Zune Says:|| Ryan Leslie - Addiction

So - I've come to this truth - Joy and Pleasure cannot coexist.
Well, rarely they do.
Typically the source of pleasure is one that should not be -
one that causes some sort of strife, anguish, or simple annoyance in the life of the receiver.
It may seem joyous at one time or another, but as the "honeymoon effect" wears off, we are forced to feel the truth. This usually takes place after a crescendo or explosion of some sort, followed by a temporary feeling of euphoria.

Once such a truth is realized - we have the option of either letting go, moving on, or continuing the quest on this course to find true pleasure. This course will more than likely lead us on an alternating path of good feelings and confusion. During the state of confusion, the cause of this pleasure has the opportunity to manipulate the mind into remaining in the situation. After that subsides, there is a moment of clarity - but we are too stunned by manipulation to take heed.

Until that one day comes along when the pleasure source f*cks up and causes extreme turmoil for the subject. Then it's time to kick this habit to the curb. Forever.

Or until the need arises again...

Whichever comes first.

I thought of it while listening to a symphony piece in Music class today.
If I don't write these things down fast enough, some of the words get lost in translation. I know what I mean, lol - most of you will, too... Definitely open for interpretation - apply it how it fits.

I re-posted this because it's so reccurrent in our daily lives. I feel like when I'm off a certain situation, one of my friends start going through it, or vice-versa. At some point in that phase of our lives, we have to draw the conclusion that we cannot have our cake and eat it too - well at least, not all the time. If something makes you unhappy but feels good to you - you have to decide which of the two effects are more important to you. If you are willing to sacrifice your sanity for someone's time or company, you cannot complain or be upset when they fail you or cause you pain. I learned that the hard way. Eventually, though - I decided what I required from the situation, and took control of that part of my world. I refuse to stress over things that can be controlled. If I can change it - I should, and I will. And I have.


Now, if you'll excuse me - I have the urge to stop by Starbucks and get a lemon slice and an iced green tea. Every once in a while, I indulge. Don'tJudgeMe. Later!

((Image by Scott G. Brooks))

No comments:

Post a Comment