Tuesday, November 10, 2009

||She Did It Again?|| The Big Chop...




Sooo - all this time I spent rejuvenating and cultivating my hair again - and I got up and cut it off.


{{Tangent: One of the managers at work's kid may have H1N1 - oh no...}}


Anyway - I've been contemplating it for months now, and I finally decided to do it. All the stresses I've encountered in life lately have taken a toll on my hair - and although it may look healthy to everyone else - I just wasn't confident about it anymore. My ends were splitting, my curl pattern was off - and the blonde at the tips was stripping my hair.

So first - I decided to nourish my hair with a darker color - and I chose a nice auburn/red.
















My angry stubborn hair rejected the color after I went to treat and wash it a few days later, turning it into a lovely brownish tone.

A week after that, I was talking to my Mom about getting a cut, and she gave me the address for a salon where her co-worker went and got hers. Her co-worker's hair was past her shoulders, so if she trusted them to do her cut - I figured it was a sure bet.

I went to the salon with the idea that I was going to get a price quote and see what kind of styles they did. since my hair is unpermed, I had to make sure they could deal with my texture. When I walked in - neither of the stylists had perms, so I felt more confident in my choice. Both of them had mohawks - so I was still a bit afraid, lol.

Something in me said, "Just do it." So, after she played in my hair for a few minutes - she pulled out the shears and went at it. She also pulled out the electric shaver, which baffled me - but used it to quickly even out the back of my hair. It was in afro form, so I suppose it was more effective than scissors.

I was pleased with the end result...
















I forgot what it feels like to have no hair brushing the nape of my neck - it's so liberating! My head felt so light when I stepped out of the chair. I couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror that day - I feel guilty of a little narcissism, but I couldn't help it.


{{Tangent - why do older people think it's okay to look over your shoulder onto your computer screen? What happened to ettiquete?}}

It was the first move to a fresh start. I'm still getting used to the single life, and the haircut actually made me put things into perspective. It's just hair - it will grow back. Just as easily as it was grown is as easy as it can be removed. Similar to my love life - as long as it took us to get to eight years (it felt like such a short time) - we dissolved so quickly. But time heals all wounds - just like time restores hair. It'll all be back - just maybe in a different form from the last time.

Let's wait and see what happens when I wash my hair and let it air dry this week. ((eek!))

No comments:

Post a Comment