Thursday, January 17, 2013

Gestation...

Six weeks. Seems like so little, but a lot has formed in that amount of time. A heartbeat. Little nubbies for hands. A tail! Lol, I love you already - you're a Martian just like me. This constant hunger is a sign that you are truly my child; everyone knows I love to eat. You take as much time as you want in this tummy of mine, I could wait for years just to see your chunky little face shining up at me, but eight more months will do. It is an honor and a blessing to be your mother. 

I haven't told the world yet - because I want to see you for myself first. I won't pretend I'm not nervous, but I'm more excited than anything. If you knew where I've been in life, you'd understand why. One day when your older, my dear. Your daddy can't wait to see you, he's already buying a shiny new toy for your protection... 

Alas, I must sleep now. We've got to save our energy for next week, when you start moving those little limbs of yours. I'll be here for every step, every motion, every burp. Got blessed me when he made you... 


3 comments:

  1. Wait. I read this about six times. Did I read this right? Are you about to be... Oh my! :-O <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete