Sunday, May 17, 2009

{{Life}} In HD.

I've been playing with photography for a few months now. Nothing serious, but I realize the therapeutic properties it has. Focusing on angles, lighting, colors - it takes my mind off the things I'm trying not to think about. I've been compiling my pictures in a little folder, and I'm plotting on making a portfolio - just for my own pleasure. It'll be nice to look back on later in life.

Anywhoo - here's some of it so far. I've come a long way from my 6megapixel camera from years ago...














I think I'm gonna start throwing these up here every week. I take so many pictures and reject so many snapshots - I'm actually starting to get self-conscious when it comes to them. Maybe I'm getting too attached...

3 comments:

  1. wow wow wow that picture with you and your hair blowing is absolutely stunning. How do you look so... Perfect!!!

    I completely agree with you. Taking pictures is very therapeutic, I'm able to take out so much aggression-- silently. After taking that perfect shot, all I want to do is curl up and go to bed. You know, that feeling that you get after eating a good dinner.

    Even editing is fantasmal. When I edit a picture of a person, it gets a bit intimate. Not in a nasty way. But you have scout someones body and skin for imperfections, and clean it up. Which in turn leads to u knowing their body. It's a very odd idea, but you spend so much time staring a part of someones body, you realize how beautiful that person is, or that subject is, then you start to ponder just how wonderful GOD is in creation, good stuff.

    Please, take my camera whenever you want. I know you will do some amazing things with it. (and doubling you mega pixels won't hurt either) :-x.

    P.s. When I saw the pic of the first shoe I thought it was a real pro pic taken out of gallery. Nice. Fooled me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "NICE VERY NICE" (Borat)

    You should throw them up there...I would love to see more of them these are great the one with the feet up is my fav.
    You never know Im meeting alot of people now a days if you don't mind i will mention your name :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys - I'd definitely consider myself an amateur photographer right now. I think the best pictures happen by chance sometimes, cuz the most editing I do right now is cropping. I'm gonna need you to tutor me in Photoshop soon, Michael.

    KJ, you know I'm always down for some networking - so throw my name in the bag whenever you can, lol

    ReplyDelete