Friday, May 7, 2010

{{Nail Star Lifestyle}} Might Don't Make It...

Soo, over the past year or so - I've been trying to step my girly game up. I'm an avid tomboy/piston head, and there's nothing I enjoy more than getting my hands dirty and getting to work. ((Still a germophobe - don't judge me)). As a part of this effort - I've been doing my nails on a regular. I have an overlay of acrylic on my natural nails - and I get my fill-ins every two weeks or so.

One thing that I truly love about getting my nails done is the ability to express one's self through nail art. Allowing the nail artist to freestyle and improvise on your nails opens a level of individuality that is fun, creative and definitely unique. There's so many directions to take your nails. Long, medium, short - 3-D, Minx, Suede... 

Minx Nails on Solange Knowles... 


Suede Nails by O.P.I.



3-D Acrylic Art...

I type entirely too much for any of these methods - but paint designs are by far my favorite. They're practical and durable. I don't have to worry about losing rhinestones or chipping pieces of my art. If it messes up, we can wipe it off and start again. Although I'm considering  treating myself to a bit of 3-D for my birthday. I've got to consult Astro Wifey for some tips - she is a genius.

I've had some awesome designs - and I've had some wack designs. Most of that is based on the artist and what they're willing to do for you. Some of them half-ass it because they know you'll pay for it regardless. Roynika is my new nail chick down in Florida ((Omega Nails on Sunrise in Lauderhill)) and she goes in. When I'm in NY I go to Grace on Fourth Avenue, or Sal on Gramatan. They do tough work. I'm going to chronicle the ones I especially like from now on, so I can share them with you guys. Sometimes it's hard to pick a design that you actually like, and we end up getting something we're less than pleased with. It's always good to have a jumpoff point. 

4 comments:

  1. those nails are madd pretty...I'm talking bout the ones on your hands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, love! I've got some good artists around here to thank for it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have good clients...... When u have positive people around they inspire you to do new things......lol

    -roynika

    ReplyDelete