Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Look of Lust - Pontiac GTO...

We all know I'm on a car hunt right now. I'm transitioning to the American side of the automobile world, but I know little to nothing about them. One day I set eyes on a yellow bullet zooming past me on my way to work. I caught up with it at the light, and discovered the epitome of beauty:


Behold: the Pontiac GTO.

I met a man at work today. As he pushed his alarm button, the lights flashed on an impulse blue GTO. I had to talk to him. I asked him how he liked the car, he told me he's had it for five years and loves it. We talked for about 20minutes on the usual car junkie talk. Speed, performance, reliability, gas mileage. Mostly speed and performance. The more he talked, the more I fell in love. He told me I could buy one for dirt cheap, but he was clearly a man of wealth - so what's 12g's, right? That's just for a base 2007 model. This car is no longer in production.


I looked at other Pontiacs. They don't compare at all. The G6 is horrible (no offense to any owners out there), and has the lowest resale value. So, I will continue my hunt. If all else fails, it's back to the Mustang. Either way, I'm simply lusting for now... 

Just a little rant. 




GTO Specs:
((via wikipedia.com))

2004 Pontiac GTO
Also calledHolden Monaro, Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Production2004–2006
AssemblyElizabeth, South Australia,Australia
Body style(s)2-door coupe
PlatformV-body
Engine(s)5.7 L 350 hp (260 kW) V8
6.0 L 400 hp (300 kW) V8
Transmission(s)4-speed automatic
6-speed manual
Wheelbase109.8 in (2789 mm)
Length189.8 in (4821 mm)
Width72.5 in (1842 mm)
Height54.9 in (1394 mm)
Curb weight1690 kg (3725 lbs)[3]
RelatedHolden Commodore

No comments:

Post a Comment