Thursday, February 10, 2011

THe Kimi Chronicles: V-Day Edition...





Valentine's Day is on Monday, and I'm really looking forward to my trip home. Trying to get back there has been such a challenge over the past few weeks due to the snowstorms - but this time finally looks like a go. I've got a pretty little dress and some fancy new heels for my date with Iron Man. It's a challenge to get around his work schedule, but I think we'll make it happen. I just wanna do something quiet with him for the weekend, I know how trying his job has been lately. Video chatting while he's at work looks like all of our dates lately, lol. Thank God for the Evo.


Anyway - what is Valentine's Day about? It's the celebration of love, right? It doesn't necessarily have to be with a significant other, in fact -sex doesn't even have to be involved. I'm currently ordering my mom an Edible Arrangement as we speak (www.ediblearrangements.com), simply to show her that my brother and I love her and appreciate everything that she does for us. Valentine's day can be a day to enjoy the company of the ones you love. 


To be honest, this year I'm kind of excited about the day. All I really want is to be in his company, and enjoy a nice evening. Gifts are nice - but I've had all of those things before, and what did it get me? Not saying I won't take them, cuz I have and I will, lol. I just know what the false ideas of love are from past experience. A diamond ring and flowers can't save a dying relationship. It's the good times that matter. Took me a long time to realize that.


Anyhow - enjoy the day. Whether it be with friends, family - or even by your dolo. Find something to do that you enjoy, and make the best of it. LittleSister will be receiving a handmade card, SweetTart valentines and candy jewelry... 

No comments:

Post a Comment