Sunday, April 22, 2012

Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Soldier...

Steve Harvey may have gotten a lot of flack for coming out with his book; "Act Like a Lady, Think Like A Man," but after watching the film based on it - I've got to give him respect. So many times, us women settle for lives we're not destined to live; the man who doesn't want to commit, the ambition-less bum who'll live off you forever, the complacent one. It's usually because we've lost faith in ourselves and our ability to find the right man. I've been there. We all go through it at least once. 


The beauty of being a woman is - that at some point, we realize that the life we're living is not the one for us. Hence the difference between being female and being a woman. Females grow, women evolve. I could never go back to the woman I was a year ago, because I realize she wasn't pursuing her own happiness. She was stressing herself out over the lives of others, stretching and molding to keep certain people in her life. People who didn't deserve to be there. People who aren't there now. These are the blessings of evolution. I have hurt, loved and lost - and the one thing I can say I drew from each piece of pain is a lesson. Never make the same mistake thrice. After all, we're human - right? 


So, the title, "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man" carries so many meanings, but the one I drew from it was pretty easy. Play it cool through life. Work it out in your head - but keep your game face on. Even when you wanna bug out on the inside. Nobody needs to know. Those are the guys who get ahead in life. Shoot, those are the guys who get head.


Act Like a Lady...



No comments:

Post a Comment