Sunday, June 10, 2012

Airport Bloggin' - Elevated Thoughts

Random words as I rode the 2 Train... I look at myself; with my fancy phone, expensive earbuds playing music boasting of riches and fancy things. Then, I look at the expression of gratitude on the elderly woman's face as the coins drop into her cup. A dollar. How many of us lose dollar bills in the laundry? Yet so many of us can't spare the change for someone in need. "I need coins for laundry, the turnpike, vending machine at school " We've got to listen to ourselves. The irony is ridiculous to say the least. What is a Society that doesn't take care of their own? What does that place become? How do we pull ourselves out of poverty if no one will help us? That dirty little woman could never work an actual job to help herself. How will she eat tomorrow? So, the next time you throw a penny away remember - one hundred pennies make a dollar. There is someone out there dying for that money right now

No comments:

Post a Comment