Friday, August 12, 2011

Fitness 2.0 - Smoothie Life...

I just finished my abwork for the day - and I figured I'd share my smoothie suggestion with you guys.


It's not easy to do when you're on the move, but on days like this, where I'm not at work - I try to whip together a post-workout smoothie and head out to run my errands. Making them doesn't take much time, but cleanup will slow you down a bit. It's a cheaper alternative to Smoothie King and Jamba Juice every day.






For starters, frozen fruit is key. It makes the body of the smoothy, and keeps it from being all runny. This way, there's no need for ice or anything extra.






Then, I throw in a packet of protein powder. Egg White Protein helps with weight gain, Whey is good for weight loss. I use them for weight maintenance, so I switch them up as I see fit. The greens are good for digestion, helps with hair skin and nails and overal body function. 


Flax seeds are a great fiber source, but only work when ground. You can either buy them ground and throw them into your smoothie, or chew a spoonful by yourself. Either way works the same - I tried to use my food processor, but they were just too small. So I just ate 'em. Feel fine. 


It's a great boost of energy to start the day, low calorie and no sugar added (although I might throw in some brown sugar every once in a while ;) ) 
Enjoy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment