Friday, April 3, 2009

{{ Mirror Mirror }}


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Zune Says - Musiq SoulChild - SoBeautiful


Sooo - Fridays are my day off. I go to Home DeePot to get a piece of wood (no pun intended), and like eight dudes come to help me cut one thing. I'm like gee - these guys sure are helpful ::smile::
So, I'm carrying my huge wood pieces to the cash register, and I can hear "Damn." and "How you doin?" while I'm walking. I didn't manage to hear a "Can I help you carry that?" though, that would have been nice.

Anyway, I'm just thinking to myself -
do attractive people get better help in life? I already know the answer, but why?


I'd like to think I'm pretty decent looking, but my personal life is definitely different. I often get females who will be mean to me just because. I do my best to be nice to everyone and greet people with a smile, and sometimes a sales girl will just look up at me and turn away. I've had girls cop attitudes because I asked them to get something for me. I can never understand it! I have customers at work who are extra mean to me, just because their husband made a joke with me or smiled and said hello. Why is that?

Tangent: Just discovered this new song by The Streets - Don't Mug Yourself, ill sh*t...

Anyway - society nowadays is really stuck on looks - and I've just decided to wake up and realize it. We really take pride in judging or mistreating people based on their appearance. I look at my sister and wonder if she's going to be subjected to the same mistreatment because she's deaf. Don't get me wrong, she is beautiful. It was just two or three years ago that companies were looking at her to model clothing. It's just the fact that she's different that makes me worry about her. She's only eight, and she's gotta worry about this crap, too?








It was just three weeks ago that all the tabloids were following Kim Kardashian on her adventures with Reggie Bush. Talkin about how hot she is, and how nice she dresses, and all that other ish. Then, Complex Magazine "accidentally" posted the un-photoshopped pics of her magazine cover shot. Now all of a sudden she's got "cottage cheese legs," and "ripples." So what? Does that make her any less hot? Does that make her any less bangable? Not to me, lol. She can't be that bad if she got Reggie, right? Cuz his body is immaculate.Would you still beat? (I would)...

I feel that posting pics like these are just a way of dragging down the "beautiful people" in this world, which is ironic, because society placed them into this category. Now that more of the world is obese, more of the world has acne, more of the world is not looking so great, the attractive people get to take the abuse. I dunno.

It just goes to show how superficial this country really is.

Not too long ago, people of color were taboo in the modeling and media industry, nowadays they're on the hunt to find the next black modeling phenom. Maybe it just takes evolution.


Tangent: Hahah, I just fell asleep right in front of my laptop. That's what sleep deprivation does to a girl.


I just wish there wasn't such extremes in this issue. If you are "attractive," you get treated bad, if you're "unattractive," you get treated worse. Who decides this dynamic? Whatever happened to treating people the way they deserve to be treated - instead of how they look like they should be treated?



My question today is - what do you consider attractive?



Personally, I think
Albinism is beautiful. I met a blind toddler at work the other day who was albino. She was the prettiest thing I have seen in a while. She had blue eyes, white hair and of course that milky skintone. There's something about them that is so intriguing to me. I often wonder to myself what kinds of things they go through in their daily life - especially the ones with white hair. How does it feel to be so different, so loved and disliked simultaneously?

I guess I can ask myself. We're all the same in that aspect of life...

2 comments:

  1. Kim Kardashian is fine as all day, and she's nice too! But I wouldn't beat. I'm sure both of the R's that she's had inside of her have beaten that out of house and home, and on video too.

    --Albinism, I used to see much more albino people. Now they are becoming more and more rare. I wish I was albino, they are so cool. But then again, I wish I was a roach, because they are cool to me too.

    <3,
    Mick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I don't know if I could take the stares that Albino people get. I just find them so intriguing - and I want to see one naked - is that strange?

    And as far as Kim K - yeah, Reggie and Ray definitely smashed her organs out of place, I'm sure of that. I'd still beat, tho.

    ReplyDelete