Monday, April 6, 2009

Reality Bites

Don't Wanna, But I Gotta
Come to an agreement with my reality. The fact is - some aspects of my life are pretty blurry right now. I've been moving so fast - I gotta stop and really say to myself, "What exactly am I doing?"

I don't usually do the horroscope thing, but lately I've been checkin on mine, and it's getting more accurate every time. Last time it stopped me from doing something regrettable at work, now this time - I dunno. You decide:

" You can't always rely on your heart to steer you in the right direction if things get confusing. Think things through in a more analytical way and be prepared to change the way you go about making decisions, today. If you use your intellect rather than your emotions, you will make a wiser decision -- and you will learn something about yourself along the way. Instinct is good, but right now you need to see things add up on paper before you believe they are true."

What do I say to that? I wear my heart on my sleeve waay too much, and what usually ends up happening is that someone sees it glinting in the sunlight and decides to snatch it and pawn it. I'm forced to track it down, and pay to get it back. Diamond tears are the cost of love nowadays.

I think lately though I've started to detect the thieves that move in silence; the ones that play their positions til the opportunity presents itself. Already started weeding them out. Guarantee you in the near future - if you're one of them - watch your neck. Cuz that's one thing I can say about my emotions - they can sense bullsh*t from a mile away. And save me a bunch of time and money in the process.

2 comments:

  1. O_O, I hope I'm not a thief! Because I don't want to get weeded out :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaah, you already know if it's mine, it's yours, Michael. You'd never have to steal from me.

    ReplyDelete