Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hot Suh

Zune Says: Flo-Rida - You Can Be My Shone...

Soo, just finished playing Wii Fit, and I am beat. That ish really works! I'ma be sooooo fit by the time the weeks over, lol. My thighs are on fiyah.

Anyway, what am I thinking about right now? Work. I'm about to get into my "I'm home" mode, but before I do - this is for all my 9-5 retail workers out there. Why are people so impatient? Why do the people that come in the store always have to be in a rush? Why would you come into WFM (aka My Job) to shop at 2:30 - when you have a 2:45 doctor's appointment?

Don't get me wrong, I love my job - there's nothing I love more than waking up every day, going to school in the morning - speeding on 95 straight to work, and staying there til sundown. It really brightens up my life. To make matters better, I have the honor of taking care of such pleasant people as "screaming gym woman," who has just finished working out, and in her gym clothes, she is cursing out her boyfriend over the phone. As I wait for her receipt to come out, I get "Are we done here?" and an impatient glare. Or, I get Mrs. "I want to return these 13 items, but I have the dog in the car..." Oh, that one really gets me. Windows rolled up, poor Cujo is sweating and panting inside the CL 500, sun blazing - glazing over his eyes with sweat. Meanwhile, his owner is bringing back the chapstick that didn't plump her lips like Botox does, the sports bra from the Milwauke store, half-eaten dog food (who knows who ate that), and the remainder of some rotisserie chicken bones (the chicken was raw, but she ate it, lol)... After she places this all on the counter, she says she's in a hurry to go outside to the dog. Starts huffin and puffin when I say she has to fill out a form, etc.

Ooh, tangent - anyway - my question is:

What makes people so impatient? What gives you the right to be so rude, you have to tell someone you've got things to do, and you don't need to stand here? Really? I could have told you that 30 minutes ago. What do you do for a living that you are allowed to be mean to people who are simply doing their job??

It baffles me - then people -
OOh, fell asleep at the keyboard...

I haven't slept in three days. I am exhausted. I fell asleep in class this morning - with my eyes open. Please excuse me if I bug out every once in a while.

kay, so back to what I was saying. People put themselves too high on their horse sometimes. Just because you drive a Benz doesn't make you more of a priority than the girl in the Civic. Cuz trust me, I make pretty good money in my job right now - and this is just a stepping stone to what I'm about to become. I could care less what you do with your Balenciaga bag, or your diamond - encrusted dog tag - cuz in a few years, I'll be able to cop it all and not even flinch. Even now, though - when I shop in the mall and things like that, I always make sure to be friendly to the people who help me. I could never walk in a store - regardless of how much I'm gonna spend in there - and act like a total bird.

It makes me wonder how these people got wealthy. How did they get rich to the point where they forgot how to become human beings? When do we detatch ourselves from the real world - when we reach a certain tax bracket? When we drive a certain car, live in a certain community? What do we do when the chips are down and we have nothing - do we crawl back to those we mistreated and try for a second chance??

Karma is a bitch.

2 comments:

  1. I Feel you on this one Kim and everybody will get there's. I know exactly what you mean. The other day I was on Fordum Road and I went into Dr. Jays, I not gonna front I was a little bummy. But I walk in there and nobody says anything to me I want to buy a shirt but I don't know the price. It doesn't really matter how much it was but I would like to know how much I'm paying for shit. So I look around and everybody is in their own world. I just leave. The next day I walk into the same Dr. Jays but now I got on new Jordans, Levi's and A fresh Shirt. NOW I cant walk 2 steps without somebody asking if I need help. I don't know but people are to stuck in their own fantasy and so high strung on what money looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. The CEO of my company wears freakin Earth Shoes and cargo shorts every day - you wouldn't even know he's a millionare by lookin at him. I wonder how customers would treat him if he decided to work in the store for a day. He could buy most of those people and own them if he wanted.

    Wealth doesn't make you a better person - character does. When we die - the money stays here, what you gonna do when the n*gga you pissed on at the car wash is operating Heaven's Gate?

    ReplyDelete