Monday, March 23, 2009

Sex, Love and Pain



Zune Says - Drake - Best I Ever Had

Feeling like I need to get off this sexual high-horse with a little ranting...

Not too many people know I lost my virginity at 12 years-old. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. I'll spare the details, but I will admit that it shaped who I am, sexually and emotionally. Traumatizing experiences often leave us with certain stigmas, and to this day - I think I'm somewhat affected by what happened to me that day.

My question today is - how does sex (or the lack, thereof) affect us? Does it crowd your mind, or is it just an afterthought? Does it start your day - or does it end a lonely night? Do you even know what it is? |smile| To me, sex is art. It's beautiful when done correctly (and in incorrectly). The awkwardness of sex is sexy. Whether it's planned or impromptu, there's always some way to make it an experience. It took me a while to realize that, though. After my first time, I went through a phase where I wouldn't even look at guys. Don't get it twisted, I didn't look at girls, either - but I lost interest in everything males had to offer. It ruined my character, because I went from the bubbly girl who'd talk to anyone - to the passive chick who was always in the cut. I didn't have sex again for two years after that - and the second time was laughable at best - I still chuckle when I see him in my hood. Through that, I realized that sex isn't all people crack it up to be. All the fast girls glamorized it for nothing - right?

Well, not exactly - but it's not the Holy Grail. We don't need it to survive. I was afraid to be sexual when I was younger, because I didn't understand what it was, really. All I knew was something about a penis and a vagina, throw in some friction and screaming. Now as I get older, I've learned that there is so much that goes into having sex, and making love, and just plain ol' freakin. Cuz there's a strong difference.

There's always an emotional aspect to it, regardless of what people may say or think. Even simple jumpoffs spark some sort of emotional interest. I've never done a one-night stand thing, so I can't speak for the people who have. In that case, there's no opportunity for feelings. That's running off straight hormones and raw energy. I've evolved to the point where I now know sex can be used for a number of things -
Sleep aid (raise my hand)
Stress relief (here I am again)
Excercise (why not?)
Financial gain
Social status

Sometimes, what starts as simple sex flourishes into something more, and the benefit of that is - you already know what your partner likes. You get to skip the formalities and move straight into the relationship side of things. Other times, you end up with one of those - "I'm only calling so I can beat" type deals. If it's mutual, cool - if not - prepare for heartbreak. This typically happens to females, I probably know like one dude who was actually hurt by such an agreement.

We actually still have people who have never had sex. It's hard to believe, yes - but it's even harder to do nowadays. Everyone's out hunchin something, or someone - how do you manage to keep it in your pants? I was celibate for the whole 2007, so I know how hard it can be. Especially if you have a love interest - it's like being one dollar away from buying those Prada shoes you've been eyeing. Spend the dollar and have an empty wallet - but spend the dollar and have some fly ass shoes to show for it. Or, spend the dollar and be disappointed that the shoes weren't as great as they were in the window. I always reccomend saving your money. Sometimes, when we rush into things - we get more (or less) than we bargained for. Why trade in your virginity for something that may not be worth it? It's your one-time pass, you can't get it back after it's gone. I respect all the people I know who have managed to save themselves up to this far - and that's about a handful. I know how hard it is not to give in, cuz sometimes you're sitting there thinking - why am I not naked right now? Lol - when the opportunity presents itself in the right situation - you'll know. Take my word for it - you are saving yourself a great deal of stress without it. And building up your upper body strength with all that whacking off.

But - when you get that good "payowww" - you'll finally see what all the fuss is about.

7 comments:

  1. OMFG OMFG THIS IS THE ONE...Yo i have this convo wit my best friend "hint" almost every other day I raised my hand when you said those things 2
    "I fucking Love SEX" sorry I get crazy when people talk about these things.
    But its true..I think Sex is special but it doesn't have 2 be.
    I think if your in a room with a girl (or a guy if you're a girl) and you guys feel some type of flare GET IT ON...And if you know that that person is "SAFE" ALL MORE THE REASON TO GET IT OOOON! Sex is the best thing you can experience and your right it can be bad at times but I think it's the best. If you Love someone you should most definitely have sex with them it just makes expressing your Love SOOOO much easier. Think about if you tell someone "I LOVE U" you could be just bullshitin' around but if you have sex with them and try to break the fucking back to the point they get Spina Bifida you have truly expressed your love. My girlfriend says I have a sex addiction. But I think I don't. I tell her its just easier to express my love that way cuz if I have to express it thru little kisses and hugs it would make me want to kill you with the amount of squeezing I would have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO @ the Spina Bifida comment. I feel you though - it's a good way to express your love. The problem is, sometimes people take it that every person they sleep with is in love with them - and that is not always the case. They may just be in love with what they have to offer. And that is no bueno.

    As far as your sex addiction - we will pretend you never said that to me. You're still my little brother, KJ. {{Smile}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good Kim i never knew u were an addict u always came off like u cud care less about the D or lack there of lol...after numerous dry spouts and the discovery of masturbation i found out sex isn't everything but it does change people and how they feel about eachother...and as for people still walking the planet claiming to be virgins they gotta be @ least 9yrs old cuz i saw a prego 10yr old @ my job a few weeks ago explain that 1 =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO - people shun masturbation like it's a crime. Contrary to what your mom said when you were a child - a cat doesn't die every time you whack off. It definitely changes people, though. For some reason, it seems to make people think they've upped themselves in status somehow. But I dunno - that may be another blog in itself, lol.

    And I am not an addict. On weekdays. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "And building up your upper body strength with all that whacking off"

    and that's why you've been noticing my recent chest and shoulder blade influx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all i wanna say i'm glad that you can openly share this with us... a lot of girls feel the need to lie about the age of when they lost their virginity. I agree with you when you say that sex is an art! When i first started, these damn guys knew nothing about love making lol but i don't regret anyone i've slept with!
    Now i must say the love of my life has opened my world up to the true meaning of love making, and when a man is more concerned about your pleasure than his, it makes everything even better!
    I mean the long distance is killing me, but you kno i got my lil buddy in the top drawer when he's not around so my mind don't go straying.... Girl we even just got a webcam hmmmm this should be interesting LMAO....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah - see! And they look at me crazy when I talk about my "best friend" in my top drawer. Saved me from quite a few lonely nights - and put me to sleep!

    It's true though, when they take the time to find out what you want - it makes the event that much better. Everybody ends up happy, lol

    ReplyDelete