Friday, March 12, 2010

Heartache 2.0 - "Let Go"

So, We spoke the other day. It was supposed to be a simple "how are things?" conversation. 


Somehow we end up on the conversation of me seeing someone. I'm not gonna lie to him. I'm an adult. So I told him - yes, I am talking to somebody.


"You're WHAT?" As I hear his jaw clench through the phone.


Are you serious? C'mon son.


Like I don't know you're out there living your life. Like you didn't tell me about the girls you've been with - and I can't talk to one dude? Am I not allowed to be happy?


Why is it so hard for people to come to terms with a breakup? It took me a while, but I am getting over it. One night, I woke up - and realized he still wasn't laying next to me. I accepted the fact that we weren't "us" anymore. And now, I do my best to move forward. He was so distraught - to think that I'm sharing my love with a man other than him. How crazy and unthinkable is that, huh? 


I guess I should just stay alone. I guess I should lay in bed at night, with no one to converse and giggle with - while he's out there baggin' chicks and gettin new numbers and whatever else he's doing. I deserve to be by myself - right? Yeah right.


I no longer live for him. I'm doing my best to take care of my own life and stop worrying about him. I think about him, and I wonder if he's taking care of himself - but I realize, that's not my job anymore. Therefore, I don't have to. Therefore - I won't. 


I know he's hurt, but so was I when I realized he was on to the next girl. At least I'm up front and honest with mine. Didn't have to find it out via Facebook. Ugh. Technology. 


Venting. Feels good. Sleepy now, Good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment