Monday, March 22, 2010

Moving Out: Moving In

So, we've been in the apartment for almost a week - and we've made so much progress, but it feels like so little has been done! It took us both about three days of sleeping on the floor before we could finally move our beds in, and not without labor pains. The floorplan includes stairs at the entryway - which definitely proved difficult for us to maneuver the beds up into the apartment. Of course, we managed to "get 'er done,' and neither of us have to camp out on the floor.








My wife left me for the weekend, so I took the liberty of trying to unpack some of my stuff and get the place in order while she was gone. That - didn't seem to go so well. I still have boxes strewn everywhere, and I was getting dressed in the dark until I finally got the time to go buy a lamp. Still pulling my clothes out of boxes to dress for school, though. That's gonna be a whole day's challenge.






We purchased some cheap plate set from {TheStoreThatShallNotBeNamed} to last us for a while, but I realized that when we finally got pots and pans, hot food would not survive (and could potentially kill us from the leeching plastic) on those flimflam plates. Somehow, CousinJin, CousinJan and I managed to make it to IKEA with minutes to spare, and grabbed up the basics - dish set, utensil set and finally - pots and pans!!


I ran home and made our first meal in our place together. It was delicious, and it felt so good to sit around and shoot the breeze, in our plastic patio chairs placed strategically in the dining area. Not to worry, living room furniture will be here soon, but everything in due time...




I think I'm most comfortable here because very little people know where I live. I want to keep it this way. I'm tired of the whole stalker thing - it seems I gain a new one every few years or so. I find solace in this place. Maybe that's why I've been sleeping so well for the past few days. ::shrug:: I dunno. We'll see. But for now - I'm enjoying everything that comes my way.


Can't wait for my wife to come home today!! Eeek - who needs boys??

4 comments:

  1. ohhhh this is great! The living room is so spacious! I'm coming over! Don't worry about sleeping arrangements, I make a banging pallet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We've gotta have a party soon - just gotta work out the living room furniture first. Soo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 1st place Kim-Kim! It's definitely a great place - takes a while to get everything in HGTV style, LOL, but it's fun! Enjoy love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks E! We'll be gettin the living room started this weekend, but I know it'll be a process to get it 100% how we want it. I'm just happy to be there!

    ReplyDelete