Sunday, March 7, 2010

Marvin Gaye - "I Want You"

I want you the right way
I want you
But I want you to want me too
Want you to want me, baby
Just like I want you

I give you all the love I want in return sweet darlin'
But half a love is all I feel
It's too bad,It's just too sad
You don't want me now
But I'm gonna change your mind
Someway,somehow,oh baby

Repeat

This one way loveis just a fantasy, oh sugar
To share is precious,pure and fair
Don't play with something you should cherish for life,oh baby
Don't you wanna care
Aint it lonely out there

Repeat

Repeat and fade 



Marvin just had this way of bringing his feelings through the words. He didn't really need to stress the notes or anything - just listen to how he says "I'm gonna change your mind someway, somehow..." I can feel the desperation he was going through. 


I want you the right way - I won't fight for you, over you, with you. If you want to be here, you'll find your way here. Period. I have men crawling over each other to get my attention - and for some crazy reason - I only have eyes for you. I'm trying so hard to get you out of my mind. Get you out of my world. But I can't. I don't want to. I just want to know that you feel the same way. That's all I want. I can't stay in limbo forever. I won't. 


And you want me - I know you do. I can see it in your eyes, feel it in your touch; the way you squeeze my knee as we drive, the way you rub my hand softly with your thumb. It's there. But how much? For how long? I feel like the only one when I'm around - but... You know what the but means. 


I wish "out of sight, out of mind" actually worked, but even when  I lay down at night - you pop into my head. You make it that way. Is this how you want me to be?


Do you want me to long for you? To wish you were laying next to me? To dream about you at night? Do you want me to worry about you - pray for you - smile when I think about you? 


Do you?


Enough of what's in my head - it's time I find out what YOU want. 


Whenever you're ready. I'm listening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment