Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Insomniophiles = Late Night Blogging - "Movin' Out"

So, there are officially four more days until my move-in date into our new apartment - and I can't lie - I am stoked. I guess that's a part of the reason why I can't sleep, but most of that is because there's so much floating through my head. Thank God for good friends. They keep me (partially) sane. 


My parents gave me their blessings on the move out, and I am happy that they have come to terms with the fact that I'm going to be on my own. I need this. I need privacy, I need space. I need places to put my own things. I need to feel comfortable leaving my shoes at the door, or walking around naked without unknown company coming over. I deserve it. I deserve the convenience of living closer to school. My father doesn't understand that aspect, but that's because he's not experiencing it. Luckily for me, though - he's become more overstanding throughout the years. He's stopped trying to control us, and started trying to figure us out. I appreciate that. 


I think know I've been a very responsible young lady throughout my life. I've kept a steady job since I was twelve - yes, twelve years old. I started out babysitting and ended up becoming a supervisor in one of the Best Companies to Work for. I am proud of myself. I work hard. There's so many aspects of life that I have yet to experience, and I'm finally gonna take on a new chapter in my life. I'm ready. We're never fully prepared for what's in our future - but how can we be? How can we prepare ourselves without experience? And how can we experience without some sort of preparation? That's one of the conundrums of life, I suppose. 


I wonder how living on my own will affect my social life. My love life. My academic life. Paying all the bills, having all the responsibility. It's a daunting task - but I honestly think I'm built for survival. All the things I've truly wanted in life - I worked to earn. I wanted other cars, I hustled til I could get them. I wanted certain jobs, I shined to get through the interviews. My family is a line of tough people - what would make me any different? I just hope my parents know that they armed me to shoot for the best - and I plan on hitting my marks. 


I ask God for his blessing everyday - because I need him most right about now. He's the one who knows how things will turn out. Just gotta wait and see what's next. Pray for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment