Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Boobie Trap...





I remember when you used to love me hard. When dates were plenty and lays were heavy. The nights were young and the drives were long. Talking, laughing - enjoying each other's air. 

I could cry when I think of how sweet your loving was. How you'd kiss every curve, love every ounce. Curled up together, you were my cocoon. Always woke up with a smile on my face. God, I miss those days.

Look at us now. What are we? I know you still love me. Want me. Need me? I see the flicker in your eyes as I cross the room. The way you steal glances as you drive. I ride. You know til when. Has this become - the usual? Your lips on my forehead as we sleep. The gentle roar of your snore. Soft kisses on my neck. Makes me smile. But that kiss goodbye, oh - that kiss says something. Is it, "Don't go," or "Don't come back?" 
Even your eyes won't tell. But you reel me in, every time. And we live this life like we've got bulletproof vests on. How many times will we jump the gun?


Some call it - "Bait and Switch."

If you fear the idea of being in love, remember - I am not her. 
I want that fire back, and I feel it rumbling inside us. I'm the match - you can play candle. Til we burst into flames and explode.

Or let it go. 



2 comments:

  1. WELLL WELLL WELLL!!!!! I GUESS I'M up in this piece!!!!
    Nice work ! Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sixx! You know I'm following your blog, mama - can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete