Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 26 - 29

Day 26| What you think about your friends...


I think my friends are awesome. We've got varying degrees of closeness and bonding - but I appreciate each and every one. Some of us don't talk every day -  but we know once we get together it's gonna be nothing but love. 


Kareem - We've been friends since seventh grade. That's - 12 years! It's funny to think that we "dated" all those years ago. And your dumb ass couldn't pronounce my name for the first two weeks of us seeing each other. So glad that didn't work out. I love you, though. You are incredibly stubborn and hard headed - but intelligent and witty in the same breath. I respect you so much for being a great dad, and I know this next baby is going to get the world, just like my God daughter. You and Emma make a great team - and I love you both. Can't wait to see you this weekend!




Alyster - You are my brother. We met through Kareem, and even though I hated you (and we almost fought) all those years ago - we have done nothing but grow together. Had a little awkward phase, but I'm sure that's over. Right?? 
My fashion partner, my sneaker king - soon to be star. Mi love yuh, bredrin!!


Gina - When I first started working there, I thought it was gonna be a get-in, do my job, and leave type of situation. Luckily for me, I was blessed to befriend you (out of all the others) and create a bond. You are one of the realest people I know. Your honesty is extremely rare, and much needed. And may I say - you are one of the hardest working women I know? I still don't know how you do it.  My only wish for you is a vacation. You are definitely one of my best friends and I am so glad to be able to say that. 


Kendra - Little One! I am so glad to have met you and become such great friends. We've already had a bunch of adventures over the past two years - and I know there's room for plenty more. You are an incredible mother with goals and ideals, anyone with sense can respect that. I know you'll be back from Orlando - I give you a year tops. You'll miss it here (can't believe I'm saying that). But I will see you very soon, it's only two hours away! 




I've had a few other people enter my life and make such great impact on it - words can't even describe. I swore a few years ago that my friend circle was set in stone, but I should know from experience that such things are never guaranteed. God takes people out of your atmosphere in order to let others enter your world. I thank him for that, and  I continue to grow and evolve as my company changes. Thank you all for being a part of it - even if you're no longer here... 


Day 27- Why are you doing this 30 day challenge?
 It's nice to get a little insight into other people's worlds. I've learned a lot from reading my friends' challenge answers, so I figured why the heck not... 


Day 28| A picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then?



October last year, I was at a place where I was happy. Living on my own, taking a break from school, working. Things were monotonous, but safe. Now that I've stepped out of that world, I realize that I pulled the wool over my eyes on a lot of things. As this year rolled around, I am much more aware of my surroundings. I try to grow with every experience whether good or bad, and I truly gained introspective on human beings and their effect on my happiness. I am a year wiser, and quite a bit happier... 

No comments:

Post a Comment