Saturday, October 15, 2011

Purple Rain...





So, I'm home on a Saturday night. Oddly enough, I enjoyed my day so much that I don't mind staying in. I turned on the TV and saw that Purple Rain was on again. It's one of my favorite movies, and I discovered it just a few years ago (yeah, I'm late). The struggle in the film is something people battle every day. Trying not to perpetuate the sins of our fathers/ mothers. Shoot - it's something I can definitely relate to. 


Not to mention the soundtrack. Some of Prince's best songs are in this film. "When Doves Cry" is a classic, while "Darling Nikki" is one of my secret, naughty favorites. The abstract elements of the film really draw me in - each time I watch it I pick up something new. The anklet on Appolonia's leg, the sexual innuendo, his father's subliminal musical influence. I don't know if they meant for the movie to be so deep - but they definitely made something thought provoking...


For those unfamiliar to Prince, Feast Your Ears...


"Purple Rain"





"When Doves Cry"










No comments:

Post a Comment