Thursday, February 16, 2012

CSH...

Grab your cloak and fly with me... 


You. In all your chocolate splendor. S on your chest as you swoop in to save her. 
Eloquent words, strong sense of self - shine like Ace of Spades, fresh off the shelf. 


"Oh, I can make it better - baby, you don't need him." Magical words that coax her to flee. 
Flexing so hard while you work out in the gym - getting those muscles nice and ready for "me."


Or she. 


????






Who are you, exactly? 


What is that cape covering? 


Could it be all the ladies that you've "saved" and are smothering? 


Can you still fly as high with them all on your back? 


Will you fall out the sky from the strength that you lack? 


All these questions I must ask, because I've been in that cloud -


traveled high, far and wide with the wings I spread proud. 


I've seen that suit before, sitting high on a shelf


Next to a knight in shining armor, and a bank full of wealth.


Each one a dream, and there's always someone buying.


And for a new hero - this girl won't be a applying. 



















2 comments: