Monday, February 20, 2012

Restaurant Review: The Rusty Pelican...

As we all know, I love to eat. Lately, I have been finding myself at a few upscale locations, and I could think of no better way to share with you guys than to write a review. My friends and I love late nights in Miami, and this is one of the best places to go for just that. 


The Rusty Pelican...

The name is quite deceiving - I thought it was going to be some rickety fish joint, but it is quite the opposite. Having undergone a very recent renovation, it is all new and a big change from the rustic wharf style of last year. Oddly enough, the price points are less expensive than they were the last time we went - no complaints there! 

Assorted Appetizer Breads
The breadsticks were yummy and sweet! 


Whole Snapper with Mashed Potatoes 

The portions are decent, too - I thought they were going to put a little piece of fish down on the table - then they showed up with the whole snapper! 

Crab Cakes
Alright, so I expected at least two on the plate - but it was delicious! The size was perfect for me, since it was late and I didn't want to eat too much. $10 isn't too bad, either.

California Roll
The California Rolls are made with real crab meat, not the imitation stuff you may find elsewhere. The soy sauce was mixed with eel sauce, which made it ten times better. 


The dessert was delicious - Goat Cheese Cheesecake to top off the night. A little tangy, but I enjoyed the little passionfruit droplets on the garnish. Delish. 



The price points are  little up there - but I would rate the Pelican an A for ambiance, great food and tasty drinks. They need to step their game up with parking, though. Valet ran us $6, and the regular parking was practically nonexistent. 

Check out their site Here

No comments:

Post a Comment