Monday, October 22, 2012

Kendrick Lamar Breaks Down His Favorite Cartoons and Cereals (Video)



Via ComplexMag.com

"Whether the subject is hip-hop, superheroes, or sugary breakfast treats, Kendrick Lamar always keeps it real. So we asked the Compton MC to elaborate on the real-life experiences that inspired his song "Cartoon and Cereal." Please be clear: he's got this down to a science. And don't even talk to him about some old healthy, no-sugar-having, Raisin Bran type cereal. You might just get punched in the face. Nor should you even crack open the milk unless you fully comprehend the 60/40 rule. We'd better let him explain. Check this exclusive Complex video for the full scoop."








Mid-day study break :) 


As I sit and enjoy a nice, cold bowl of Cap'n Crunch (with Crunch Berries, of course), I can totally relate to Kendrick's science. Personally, I hate soggy cereal so I forego the fruity pebbles unless I can eat them rather quickly. My preference is slightly-moist cereal with a crunch, therefore I gently cascade the milk over all my cereal but only fill the bowl about a quater of the way with milk. It allows me to select the wet cereal from the bottom, and rotate the dry cereal into the milk at the same time. I've got my own strategies, lol. I enjoyed some of those healthy cereals growing up, like Honey Nut Cheerios. I DID sprinkle sugar on plain Corn Flakes though. My mom wouldn't dare bring Wheeties into our home, hahaha. 

Cartoon wise, I would love to be Valerie from Josie and the Pussycats. Her body was incredible, plus she had brains and musical talent. Black cartoon characters were still few and far in between, so to find one who possessed all those great traits - why wouldn't I want to be her? 

Anyway, back to studying I go. Just a random thought with a great artist. Shoutout to Kendrick for bringing me back to my childhood today :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment