Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Give Thanks...

Soo Mom got her results back - she's fine. I can't describe to you the elation I feel. It's like a soda was opened in my chest, and all the bubbly and air rose through my soul. I am so grateful and happy right now!

It brings me to the holidays. No matter how hard times get, no matter how little money we have - there's no greater feeling than knowing that you have people who truly care about you in your world. There's people out there who like to wade in the waters of depression and loathing - but in reality and actuality -your life could be much worse. Disregard the wealth, the lavish cars and lifestyles - a lot of the rich people I encounter are extremely lonely. You can tell a lot about a person by watching their groceries flow down a conveyor belt. The "Lonely Man Dinner" (reference Martin episodes) is common amongst people of privilege. One rotisserie chicken, one serving of side dishes - a case of beer. These people lack true friends. Forget family sometimes - we can't control who we're related to - but to not have any real friends in the world? That's got to be a painful feeling. I pray I never experience that.

That being said - I am eternally grateful for having good people in my life. When I experience tough times, I know that I can expose my feelings to certain people and know that they will be valued, understood and held with the utmost confidence. That is one of the greatest feelings one can have. Because when you have nothing - it is almost a guarantee that at least one of your friends can help you out - no matter the situation. I feel good just knowing that. Who needs Christmas gifts under the tree when I have friends??

This morning during my yoga - I thanked God for everything that he has blessed us with as of late. There have been so many changes to our lives this past year - to have even one blessing is an honor. This holiday season, I thank God for life, health and the opportunity to seek happiness. Many people lack that option right now. Or at least they think so.

Enjoy your holidays, people. The mere fact that you can read this means your life is far better than the homeless gentleman living underneath an overpass. God has blessed you. Take comfort in that.

Love you guys - I am off to bed. Gotta work at 9. I thank God for employment, but jeeze - I need a vacation!!

1 comment:

  1. glad everything is ok with auntie...i secretly had many prayer sessions...i guess someone is listening :)

    ReplyDelete