Thursday, May 3, 2012

Beware - Fake Frank Ocean Venue May 23...

As we waited for The Weeknd's set to start on Tuesday, a screen showed upcoming performers for the venue. We were uber delighted to see that Frank Ocean tickets would go on sale May 2nd, and LittleBrother and I were ready to wait on the TicketMaster site til midnight. 


He bought his tickets online, while I saved the $12 concession fee and drove to the venue after work for mine. I was so hype! My homegirl was waiting to buy hers until tomorrow - and good thing she did. 


This afternoon, I got a text from her with a link to some disturbing news: 


So, I took my sleuthing skills and looked up Kelly Clancy on Twitter - sure enough, she confirmed that the show was  fraudulent. Needless to say, my soul is crushed officially. 




Talk about epic fail. 


I say that to say this - if you were considering this concert - DO NOT buy tickets for it. They have pulled them from TicketMaster, but I'm sure other ticket sites may have purchased tickets and be selling them as we speak. Keep your money in your pockets, and I will keep you guys updated on any SoFlo Frank Ocean shows - cuz I know how bad we want to go! 


For more information or any questions, head to the Revolution Live Site Here.

5 comments:

  1. WHORES!!!

    I was just about to text you to see if you'd go with me tomorrow to buy tickets - damn damn damn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, you wanna go with me tomorrow to return mine?? I'm looking on his site to see if he has any real shows coming up down here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Frank Ocean is still happening at Revolution Live. All promotional details are being held pending management's approval, but the show will still go on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, considering that this is an anonymous source - and that Revolution as well as Ticketmaster confirmed that the show is OFF - I stand by the decision to tell everyone to cancel. Let's check with Kelly Clancy once more - shall we?

    ReplyDelete