Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Get YOUR Life...

"They gon' love me for my ambition..."


These past few months have brought me to a great conclusion; people hate what they cannot achieve. They hate your car, your house, your relationship, your job, your everything. You start to feel like they're targeting you for they way you live your life. In all honesty, they hate everything but you.


People fail to realize their potential in life, and even when they do - most of them are too scared to go after it. You like my shoes? I worked to put these on my feet - how are you gonna get em? You like my body? This is hours, days - MONTHS in the gym, how are you going to get to this point? My hair's longer than yours - are you taking care of what's on your head? It's foolish to look at another individual and be envious of how they do - because to have what they have, they had to do something. Right? 


The hater mentality has never been a trait of mine. I may admire a woman because of her body, walk past someone and compliment their shoes - but I will never, ever EVER spew hate on anyone because they have something I don't. Especially if I don't know the individual - what kind of sense does that make? You mean to tell me you hate me because I'm married with two kids? WTF have you done to achieve this? Yeah, exactly. 


I have an individual in my atmosphere right now who seems to be drawing this energy of hate closer and closer to my life. Someone I do not interact with on a personal basis, which is why it baffles me so much. All I do is spread cheer when I'm near, why you tryna bring my life down? Little does she know, she picked the wrong one. 


You see, I have this thing about negative energy. I can't let it in. I will fight it like a head cold. Counteract it with positivity that will blow your mind. Cuz I'm out here living my life - doesn't matter what you say or do, nothing will change that. Positive people like me always have another route to success. Hate gets you nothing but mad. And what can mad buy you? I'll tell ya. Not a damn thing. 


So, I say that to say this - to my Go-Getters, keep doin your thing. Don't even worry about what's going on around you. Mind over matter; if you don't mind - they don't matter. To my No-Getters - get your life! You want it, map it out and go get it. We don't have time for you in our busy world of living. Get YOUR LIFE. 


Don't watch me - watch TV. Or Instagram. Or Facebook.


Twitter, anyone? 


Few more months til graduation - ambitious girl...





No comments:

Post a Comment