Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Art Imitates Life

A few months ago, I made this piece for my good friend, Michael. If there's anyone I know who will appreciate what I make for them - it's Michael. I've made items; pieces of jewelry, clothes, accessories for people - never to see them again, and as an artist - that hurts. 

This one was an attempt at capturing the mood of the moment; feelings of frustration, sadness, impatience, etcetera. Sometimes in life - when we feel like things are going so well, we find that the "world" seems to be pushing against our happiness - and vice versa. As fragile as the human heart is - there are few things that we can truly rely on to protect us from emotional harm. One of those things is faith. 



 

I've been experimenting with different mediums. Just looking at paint gets boring after a while. I like the way this one came out. I think he liked it, too. 

As soon as our apartment is set up next month, I'll be making a workspace so I can kill myself with chemicals in the privacy of my own domecile. Right now it's hard for me to really get into my art, because I constantly have to clean up my tools and put things away. Nobody can work like that. 

New piece coming soon - still working on the canvas...

No comments:

Post a Comment