Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Letter To You...

Jill Scott - "Insomnia"
Dear You,


Sweet you. When I think about you, I want to cry. I get so sad when you're far - to the point where I just want to let you go. But then you come around, and your smile, your laugh, your touch - it hypnotizes me. I can't explain how you make me feel. I just want to be close to you, watch you sleep at night - hear you snore. I find comfort in your arms, I feel safe - secure. The sun rises and you're still there - in your beautiful, caramel glory. I can't help but enjoy every moment. I've never met a man that could draw me in this way.


Then the sun stops shining, and reality hovers over this ordeal like a dark cloud. And I realize that the grass that's greener is behind a barbed wire fence. I can't climb it, all I can do is gaze through it, longing for the thing I can't have. You're like the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow - and we all know rainbows never end. So I run, and run, and run - hoping that the arch will bring me somewhere that I can claim my reward. With no luck. You remain the coveted prize. 


But like that beta fish with the mirror in front of it - I know the brutal truth, yet I keep going after you. I keep bumping into that glass, only to bounce back and see my reflection. And I can't explain why. 


What else can I say? 

I just can't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment