Monday, February 22, 2010

Sky High...


So, I hit up NY this weekend - for a little quality time with my friends and family. Granted, some people were acting a little funny style - but I had an excellent time regardless. 


"Have you ever been to heaven at night?" - Kid Cudi


I've got a growing fascination with the sun, sky and clouds nowadays - and this trip gave me an opportunity to gaze into these elements with detail. For the first time in a while, I actually stared out the window for most of my flight - the natural world is truly a marvel. 

34,000 feet in the air...

It really seems like you could lay down on a cloud from up here...



Looking Down: Those are cities covered in snow that we're looking at. It was like a maze from 15,000 feet in the air.





The beauty of Planet Earth. 



Frost forming on the window... 


Little ol' me - in the midst of it all... 



Coming into NY...



When you're up so high, looking down at how tiny the world truly is - it's easy to throw things into perspective. Our problems on this earth are so minuscule in the grand scheme of things. A bad hair day? A rough breakup? Look around - and you'll see that there's so much more than you on this planet. There are things of beauty that mankind hasn't even discovered yet - and we worry about what to wear and who to hang out with. 

We've got to realize that life is only half of our journey. I'm slowly coming to understand the dynamics of things as I progress through this world, and while life might be hard at times - it can only get better.

One thing I definitely learned while gazing out the window - no matter how big and important a person can be in life - there is always someone, somewhere in the world - that has no idea that you exist. A humbling epiphany from the clouds... 

2 comments:

  1. Great post with a great message Kim-Kim! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks E! Been dying to see some posts from you, mommy!

    ReplyDelete