Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Life: According to Me - Summer, Summertime!!





So, summer is fast approaching - and it's almost time for me to make my annual journey to my Mecca - NYC. I decided to take my three week vacation and spend a portion of it back home. I miss the kids, I miss my friends, and of course - I miss Him. It's been two weeks since we've been together and it sucks. I can't believe I sound like such a mush! The way he's been making me feel when I'm around him is something I can't describe. I've been real stressed over a few things, but when we're together, all I can do is laugh and smile. The phone just isn't enough sometimes, well - it just isn't enough. The time spans apart are getting more difficult to deal with lately, too. Not to mention, we had a blast last time I was home. As much as I'd love to post pics, I'm gonna leave those in the private collection. {{Heheh}} Granted, there are some rough moments out there, but I think things will pan out just fine... 










My siblings are getting so grown up as the months go by, and I feel like I've been absent for so much of it. Every time I get home, there's something new going on. BabySister is talking a mile a minute, BabyBrother's standing up and learning how to walk - LittleSister is always doing something new - I just bought her a cell phone before I left. Naturally, she used up all the minutes before the week ended. LittleBrother (see photo) is grown, lol - I had a real heartfelt discussion with him the other night, and I had to admit to myself that he's actually gonna be 21 this year. How time flies... 





I'm going to use this summer to truly find myself. I thought I'd done this part of my life already - but now that so much has changed, I realize I never really did it at all. Jaz and I will be road tripping, the family is planning a getaway, and I'll be spending time with my girls in Miami soon enough. I just need to enjoy myself - without feeling like I have to take care of anyone, or follow after them. This summer will be about MY growth as Kim. I've got to get back to the old me; the happy, energetic, smiling me. It's gonna take some work, some drinks, and some laughs - definitely some tears. I think it's an attainable goal, life is my thing!! I've got concerts to go to, people to see, fears to get over, love to make ((smile))... 

Let's see how it all plays out... 

Until next time, people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment