Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Airport Thuggin' - LGA Style



So, my flight got cancelled. Spirit Air pilots have been going on strike left and right, and that leaves people like me - stranded. Not to worry too much, I'm bumped onto a later flight, which leaves me two hours to sit and write to you guys. Hmmm. What's on my mind?


Random stuff like this: I met a cute little baby here at the airport. She keeps waving at me, and we've been playing this waving game. I smiled at her parents, and they seemed alright. But, they're a young, Jewish family - and the mom keeps telling the little girl in either Hebrew or Yiddish to come back to her. Now, I'm curious to know if it's simply stranger danger (mind you, I'm like a foot away from the parents), the usual protection of the child - or fear. It's hard to tell. At first, I thought it was fear, but the dad asked me to let them know if she was bothering me. Which is why I never jump to conclusions when it comes to human beings. Cuz you never know what's running through their minds. People are so quick to judge nowadays - it's sad. You never know who you can meet on a fly like this. I've networked with so many people in the airport, because they decided to look past what I'm wearing or my skintone - and engaged in conversation with me. Ignorance is so 1994. 


Anyway - I'm sitting here talking to Him via BBM, and I realize he actually influences me more than he realizes. He's a gym head, and while I fell off when it comes to my weight training over these past few weeks - I keep up my exercise primarily cuz I have to make sure I'm put together for him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind either way, but I think part of the reason I gained so much weight in the past, is because my ex never really motivated me to keep my fitness up to par. Some can say it's because he liked the way I was - but others can argue that he just didn't want to point it out. He wasn't much of an excercise buff, anyway. The perils of being naturally slim, I guess? Whatever. I miss my old, fit body - and if I'm gonna be walking next to Rock Candy - I gotta make sure I look just as sweet. 






P.S. - I think my little sister's getting a crush on him. Cuz he has tattoos, and she seems to have a growing affinity for them. She made me draw some on her last night, and when I showed her his picture, she started to blush! Now she can't "wait til I turn 22, I'm gonna have a lottta tattoos, Kim." Look what I've done! She's going to be a little me before I know it. Wait, she already is. It's amazing how she subconsciously adapts my ways and likings. Like the day her godbrother caught her looking at Mustang convertibles online. How does she know I'm a piston head in training? Heaven only knows, but I love her. 




{{ Tangent: For my BBM (Blackberry Messenger) users -you ever wish you could un-send a message? Lol ((Points thumbs to chest)) - that's me right now. }}


Anyway - my vacation continues. I'm expecting two new little puppies to be waiting for my arrival today or tomorrow - so I must go home and prepare. Golly, I haven't had a puppy since I was a little girl. So many things I need to do to dog proof my apartment. Definitely got my work cut out for me. Might need you guys' help on where to put them in the apartment. Not in my room, though - it's carpeted. 


I'm rambling! On to the next post, lol 


And a quick hello to the young lady reading over my shoulder. Hi! ((Happy wave)) 


Ooh, boarding time! See you guys in Florida! 

2 comments:

  1. lol you're hilarious.
    it's cool that your sis looks up to you a lot and that you have a man who motivates you to better yourself! i'm trying to get in shape, too...but you look great in that pic, girl.
    do you live in the states and what will you do in florida? i wanna go back there on another vacay SO BAD!

    im following your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - thanks for following my blog - I write a lot of random foolishness!

    Yeah, I live in the US, from NY - currently living in Florida. Most of my family and friends are still up there, but I'm pretty happy here, too. Where are you from??

    ReplyDelete