Friday, June 4, 2010

"Die. "



For you. Enjoy the bitterness the of fruit that shall never ripen... The casket finally drops.


As the pulse of this romance fades,
I feel my heart growing colder,
Colder.

Try as I might to revive the beat -
There's no saving.
This dead, lifeless entity.
A shell of what once was - love eternal.
Only diamonds last forever.

I bury the numbness with booze, Balenciaga bags and boys - none of which can fill the void.
Months pass, the funeral has gone,
The mourning is over, the morning is here.
I console myself, and push on.

In my chest plate, I plant a garden.
Remembrance of a love lost.
The flowers bloom,
Busy bees swarm,
Longing for the sweet nectar of a fresh rose.
A new, better gardener tends to it daily, nurturing and watering the beauty
That grew out of pain.

I pour out a drop from the spout, before the water sprinkles down.

When I reminisce over you - my god.

 - By: Kimani Fisher 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment