Monday, June 7, 2010

Sleepless In NY...

So, I think I'm gonna grow weary of NY really soon. My girls have moved out of the state, so that means my frolicking partners have gone and left me. I don't think I can stand another day couped up in this house. Now that I have less people to be with, I end up having more babysitting responsibilities. Not that I mind spending time with the kids, but I get stir crazy after a while. I love being outside, and it's harder to do that when you have an extra weight to carry, and a mouth you have to actually stop and feed periodically. I've been coming here once a month for the past how many months? 


I think I'm going to spread my travels elsewhere. Jaz is moved to the Carolinas now, so I may start road tripping or taking the bus to see her and her family. As much as I love the kids, being in NY with no adult interaction is mind wrecking. He's at work or at play, and stepmom and I don't really engage in too much substantial conversation - so I end up being bored. I already miss the days of laying in Nanny's couch and playing with the cats. 


I hope He decides to come visit me soon, because New York (especially our town) can sometimes be a one trick pony if you're not there for anything special. As much as I love coming to see him, I'm tired. Time to move this party down south. 


So, dear NY - you might not see me for a while. Kiss me goodnight and make sure you're here when I wake up in the morning. I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment