Saturday, June 19, 2010

NY Thuggin - Summer Edition

"Nobody rubs you better than me, Kitty." lol - she ran away after I said that. 

My travels have truly been an adventure this weekend. Spirit flight attendants decided not to show up for work yesterday morning - leaving myself and hundreds of others stranded from 4 - I didn't get into NY until about 1:30pm! Between the griping customers and the amount of revenue Spirit lost - I was strung out, hungry and jet lagged by the time I touched down. Add my NYC bus and train journey to the mix, and I was exhausted! Nevertheless, my Jaz is here, as well as my Chan - so it's bound to be a good weekend. 


I've found that my trips go better if I limit the amount of people that know I'm here. Less tweeting, less Facebook - more quality time with my loved ones. It sucks when people hit me up asking if they're going to see me, and I just can't be in eight places at once. So, from now on - I'm in "mosquito mode" for most of my trips. How can you want to see me and we barely speak in between time? I don't think so. I honestly think that solitude is one of God's free forms of therapy, and I've got "all I need in this life of sin" right about now...




I need serious time to clear my mind. And there's only a few people in this world that truly get me enough to allow me to do so. Over the past few months, I've eradicated some serious leeches, liars, thieves, losers, bums, backstabbers out my life - and the load feels so much better. After that spring cleaning, I realize that I now have the challenge of deciding what moves I'd like to make in my life. I'll be 23 in a matter of days, and while life is not definite - I'd like to have a better detailed game plan in place. There's so many things I want to do with my world! 


{{Tangent: I just had the craziest out-of-body experience in the bathroom! Let's hope I was in the bathroom...}}


One of my biggest decisions is not to attend college next semester. It's a choice that I've been getting a lot of flack and various comments for. I've come to the conclusion that if what I am sowing is not bearing fruit, I need to find different soil to plant in. Therefore, I'll be pursuing goals in my life that don't require textbooks, tuition and wasted time. After the following school year - I will resume my studies refreshed, and finally graduate into the next realm - of higher education. ::Sigh:: I'm tired of constant studying. Hope you guys don't judge me too hard- but quite frankly - only God has true say in what I do. Anyway - I promise I won't disappoint any of you. 


I have a multitude of plans, projects and ideas I'd love to get off the ground - and college has nothing to do with them. I commend my schoolmates who have already graduated, but look around - they're all still living like me! Granted, some of them will truly be thrown into the real world, others will remain stagnant, searching for that degree-related job. Some will find a job immediately and get rich and move on with their lives - that - is the small minority. Others, like myself - will veer off the beaten path and take a chance at what may be along the way. Success or failure, it's like - "what we gon' have, desert or disaster?" Won't know until I sit down to dine.  




So, I have every intention to enjoy my life. I even had time to start a new painting, and work on housebreaking these puppies. I'm actually starting to feel like I have a purpose again - like life is actually fulfilling. I think vacation did it to me; I got so stuck in the rut of work, school, "sleep," repeat. It turns you into a monster - something you don't even realize you've become. And it's not a good feeling at all. So, I anticipate the day when my life will be fulfilled to the max, when I have all the things I've wanted and dreamed about. I'll go back to school refreshed and ready for the world, finish that feat and go on to the next. Marriage? Kids? Who knows what's next. I just know if I don't do something different, I "might don't make it." 


Moral of the story: "Love, Live, Life - Proceed, Progress" ((Weezy voice)) Who'da thunk, that man would actually say something valuable? 



2 comments:

  1. Hush Michael! You;re the amazing one. I'm merely emulating your steez.

    ReplyDelete