Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kanye West Sparks New Women's Clothing Line...




A lot of buzz has been circulating around this idea - and I think it is brilliant. 

Over the past few years, we have watched Kanye evolve into this fashion icon - creating his own niche and making it home. Young men rocking college crest sweaters, fitted jeans and mid top sneakers. Nerdy glasses, backpacks became the movement. All because one outspoken black man decided to wear what he enjoyed, rather than what the stylists put on him. He is a visual afficionado; matching various textures and colors effortlessly. Even the tight leather pants started a frenzy. A women's line sounds beyond appropriate, and I think the sky is the limit for him. 

2008 MTV Awards...

Now - let's see the price point, and that will be the real deal maker/breaker. He has gone from an underground sensation to a mainstream idol - this brings up his market value immensely. Hopefully he's remember the little people and make sure it is a tangible dream for us. 

This is definitely motivation for me to get my line up and running. I gotta touch the sky... 

Via MTV.com...


Megastar Kanye West and his forays into fashion have been well documented over the course of his career and it appears that the stylish producer and rapper will be releasing a new line later this year in a collaborative effort with award winning British fashion designer Louise Goldin. Goldin, 30, was mentored by fashion expert and director of design school Central Saint Martins’ fashion master’s program Louise Wilson – and the professor gave Kanye West quite a ringing endorsement.
2009 VMAs
In a report to British paper The Guardian, Ms. Wilson offered, “I've known him for two years now and he's incredibly knowledgeable about fashion, he's a global phenomenon and a very interesting person. I think we can expect a well-considered collection, you wouldn't expect less from a pair of professionals and I warn against dismissing it in haste.” 
The professor continued with, “There are those who might assume Louise will be doing all the work and Kanye is just the face, I don't believe this will be the case – he researches thoroughly and is hands on and committed to his work.” Reports say that West and Goldin’s upcoming "womenswear" line will have a possible launch later this year at New York’s Fashion Week festival.
Kanye isn’t the only high profile name dipping his toe into the fashion pool. Young Money boss Lil Wayne told XXL last week that he too wants to begin his own clothing line, although the plans seem lofty for now. “I just figure that I… I’m funky,” Wayne shared. “I got that from my stylist, Marisa. I’m funky, like she say.”
Night out at the Met
Wayne wrapped up by saying, “A year from now, I want all these items to be mine. Rebirth. I want – I just figure people want to be funky like me, so I got my clothing line.” Rebirth was also the title of Lil Wayne’s eclectic seventh studio album.


1 comment: