Monday, July 4, 2011

Letting Go...





It's so hard, to say goodbye...


Yes, the sneaker head is downsizing her collection. For no reason other than a transitional stage in life. I look at all the shoes and things I have, and wonder why I still have them? I haven't worn some of these kicks in years. Some have never been worn. I'm not in my apartment anymore, so they're not on display. Why not let someone else enjoy them? Granted, I am keeping my originals and favorites, but a lot of the retros would be better in a new home. First on my list - the coveted Aqua VIII's. Which have a funny story behind them.


I never planned on buying them. A guy friend of mine really wanted a pair, and I offered to stand on line and buy one. When I finished scouring the earth for his size, I realized they had one for me, too. Standing in line, the shoes were staring at me, I was smitten by the colorway and decided to buy them for myself. Paid a grip. He picked up his shoes, and in my haste, I forgot to collect my money from him. And never saw my dough again. Lol, he knows who he is... 


I have graduated to shoes and pumps now, and even those have lost so much meaning to me. I don't know when I became materialistic - but nowadays my life is all about finding happiness. Shoes and clothes don't necessarily bring that. Although, there are times in life when the right pair of shoes/kicks make everything feel right. Hopefully, I can pass that feeling on to another...


Bid on them Here


Aqua VIII Retro, size 6Y.







No comments:

Post a Comment