Friday, July 15, 2011

What's in MY Stereo...

I try to keep my live radio intake to morning shows and a monthly check to see what's new. Other than that, I look up my favorite artists and see what they have out. Right now, I'm diggin' a few mixtapes. I have a road trip coming up in a week, and my playlist has to be something serious. Here's a quick glance at the songs in my head right now...


Kendrick Lamar: "Alien Girl (Today With Her)" 


His point of view on the girl he's infatuated with. I love the instrumentals, and respect the young ladies walking the earth carrying themselves like alien species. Not too many of us out here. AND He's a Cancer, 24 like me. Dig the remix, too... 













The Weekend: "Trust Issues"






Another force to be reckoned with out of Toronto, The Weekend has penned so many of Drake's hits - and also Rebecca Black's "Friday" - don't ask. His drug references and slow tempos had to grow on me, but this one was instant. 
I love the grind in the beat, and his high pitches are killer... 





Drake: "Marvin's Room (Official Video)"






This song hit close to home this week, got a call from my ex... 
I guess this is how he's feeling. 
The song itself has caused a musical frenzy, with covers from JoJo (my favorite), Teyana Taylor, Willie Taylor (Day 26) and probably your cousin in his basement studio... 
Breakups are hard, especially if you know it's your fault - right? 





Frank Ocean: "Nature Feels" 


This is my feel-good anthem of the summer. I can't explain what the instrumentals do to me, but I like the sensation. The double meanings in all his songs intrigue me, and leave so much to be imagined. Roll your windows down, pull the top back and enjoy... 




((Chopped & Screwed)) - sorry... 





C-Ride feat. Lloyd - "Yes" 


I love C-Ride's delivery, tone of voice and overall skill. His songs for women are always on point. Lloyd is a good look on the track, and the intstrumentals are a great way to set the mood. In the most gangter way possible, lol









Chris Brown - "Wet The Bed" 
Self-explanatory...




That's all for now - I'll continue throughout the week. Feel free to inbox me some more suggestions: sn3akrfr3akr@gmail.com - I'm always ready for more music! 


No comments:

Post a Comment