Sunday, September 2, 2012

Leaps of Faith...



The past few months have been crazy for me; leaving my job, starting my first legitimate website, school, studying for my new job. I've been so excited and afraid of what's to come. Of course, the curiosity in me always beats out the fear; I was the kid crying during the scary movie while peeking through parted fingers. Sometimes we've just gotta do it, and I've been pretty glad with the results. Life gets more interesting by the day.

I'll tell you the one thing I can't complain about is my love life. That's something I haven't been able to say for quite some time. It's nice to find someone on the same wavelength, who wants the same goals, who isn't full of sneak tactics and ulterior motives. I smile every day, just thinking about what I've experienced in dating and men in general. Luckily I didn't become bitter and jaded from it all, I was able to open up my chest plate one more time and let a little love fly out. So far, he hasn't steered me wrong. The key element it seems is always going to be communication. If you don't say what you want from day one, there's always wiggle room for foolishness. Not this time - nope. 

I'm a bit nervous about this new job thing, but I am very optimistic. The pay's better, I get to dress up for work every day - and weekends off!! Lord knows I haven't had that in years - pretty much ever. It's going to be a big help with everything I've got planned. Not to mention I'm falling deeper and deeper back in love with music - definitely gonna need some studio time. 

My new website!! It's doing better than I ever imagined, and I've got all my readers to thank for it. Hopefully soon we'll start hosting relevant advertisements so we can reach more people, but I couldn't be happier about how it's growing. A little over a month, and I've got 1300 views - with comments to boot! So much is coming up in regards to the site, I don't even know where to begin. Keep your eyes out for the big-haired, big glasses, big bootied perv at a college campus near you - that's all I'm gonna say :) 

With the downs come the ups, and I swear they keep me balanced. All the trials I go through build my character, and I'm getting stronger and stronger each day. I'm just so blessed to have great support systems behind me - there's really nothing I can't do at this point. Only God knows what the next adventure will bring.

Stay tuned... 


2 comments:

  1. YAAASSS honey! I didn't even read this post and pretty much just wrote the same thing! God is working! And He's still good! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you know we stay on the same wavelength, E! God is a amazing, I can't wait to see what He has in store for us!

      Delete