Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Face Behind Le Vadge...



I
mentioned a few weeks ago that I started a new website. It's not a blog at all - it's a full blown site for sexual health and education. People laughed at the idea of me starting the site, but clearly I found my niche; because we've already gotten over 1,900 views in the first two months! I am proud of my brainchild, and I can't wait to see what else can come of it. 


So, you may ask - what is the Vadge? Many, many years ago CousinJin, CousinJan and the rest of the Vadge crew decided to substitute the word Vagina with a much shorter version. It was easier to say around our parents as well as younger siblings - and we could get away with saying a lot of perverted stuff in public. When I was coming up with the name for my site - nothing else would do. 



What is the site about? It's an open forum for anyone (regardless of age, gender or sexual preference) to ask important, urgent - or even random questions about sex. All the things you've wanted to ask but were afraid to. "Straightforward answers to awkward questions" is the motto. So far, we've helped dozens of people get their answers, while including important facts from credible sources. Everything is cited, so you can research it for yourself - but I've done all the work for you. 




So many people (including my own gynecologist) asked me what made me decide to start the site. Growing up in Mount Vernon (NY), we always heard the statistics; second highest AIDS rate in Westchester County. That is startling! I've known kids whose parents had AIDS/HIV - I knew a young lady who passed away from being born with the disease. It was beyond her control to have it, but what about the kids who contract it from irresponsible sexual activity? What about the girls who are afraid to tell their moms about sexual activity, so they secretly carry symptoms of STD's with them indefinitely? They deserve to be educated on what they're doing, so they can pass that knowledge on to others. So kids can stop the reckless behavior and learn the importance of protection. I can't imagine being a doctor diagnosing a teenager with AIDS - imagine the devastation! 

It's not only awkward questions, we give fun facts as well as product reviews of sexual health and pleasure products. I'm working with Sir Richard's condoms, and I'm in the starting phases of doing reviews for California Exotic Novelties! Talk about the busiest unemployed woman you've ever met, lol

So stay tuned, and tell a friend about the site - if you try it, I promise you'll love it ;) 

http://vforvadge.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment