Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Jordan "One".

The Jordan number One sneaker has been one of my favorite designs since I began to recognize the sneaker world. Its streamline design and simplicity always impressed me, and I have longed for another pair to this day. 


Alyster and I went on our excursion to Miami in search of nothing this weekend. Of course, when I said I wasn't going to buy anything - we walk into a sneaker store and there they are. The One's were perched beautifully on display, and at a good deal, too. I had to cop. 




Putting them on my feet brought me back to my sneakerhead days and the rush came back. I looked around, and realized that a lot of the kicks I wanted were in the store. Needless to say, I paid and hightailed it out of there. I can't afford financial trouble right now. 0_o






They look so beautiful on my feet! Especially with skinny's or leggings. It reminds me of junior high school and the days when I could spend money recklessly on things I didn't need. I miss those days, but being a responsible adult is way more beneficial. 


Yeah, my real size. Ain't no future in frontin'. 

I remember when kids were faking their shoe sizes to save money. 6y was the biggest size for kids - so everyone conveniently wore the same size. It was funny, to see kids limping in their new shoes; you could pretty much tell who was fraudulent. As soon as 7 became a kids size, all the boys hopped on board. Sweet memories. I preferred to save my toes from bunions and corns - so I stayed true to my feet. 


I think I may start to rebuild my collection. Lightly, this time around. There are some J's that I've never had, some that were stolen (Long story), some that were worn to demolition. I'm not going to the new school - strictly OG's and one time retro's. Gotta stay true to the craft...

I didn't get a Jordan card in the box! Is that a new thing? Ah well. I'll order one online. Gotta have it all in the box...

No comments:

Post a Comment