Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mars Vs Venus...





So he's been redeeming himself. Silently. 


I can't explain it, but despite whatever's been going on with him - he still managed to come through in a clutch situation. Surprised the hell out of me, though. So - I think I'm gonna stick around for a little while longer. I know he's got a lot on his plate right now, and I figure if I give it all time to smooth over - things will be fine. Cuz who am I kidding - I've got a lot of ish going on right now, too. I'd only want the same in return. 


This whole situation has made me start to wonder: What ever happened to patience and understanding in relationships? We're all so quick to give up and leave. Everybody's on to the next one. I'm not a rookie to this relationship thing, so I'm always ready for the long run. What I'm afraid of - is that I'll walk away from this, and miss out on something incredible. Nobody's perfect, no relationship's perfect - no matter how "perfect" the circumstances may be. Even if we lived next door to each other all the time - things could still be rocky. Honestly, I think the distance could prove to be healthy at this stage. As long as we make time for each other... 


I'll say it again, he makes me happy. Yes, there are moments when he confuses, saddens, frustrates me - but that's a part of life in general. I just feel like I'm not getting any younger, and instead of going for quantity - I've decided to chose quality. He's a good man; works hard, family oriented and keeps a close group of friends. Plus, he's hot. Everything I could ask for. I do worry that if I desire these things - who else is wanting them, too? It's a double edged sword that I'm willing to battle with - for now. Just have to keep patience and stay strong through the battle. I hope he's willing to do the same. 


Over the past few weeks, I've been paying attention to things people say about love and relationships. A large majority of my peers aren't talking about healthy relationships. Some are going for promiscuity, others cheating on their partners - some are searching for love. I've never been the type to share, and I suppose this is where my problem lies. I'd rather be alone than find someone to keep me occupied in between time. Is this a bad thing? 


And what do I do if this whole thing goes to sh*t? Pick up and start over? Jeeze. This love thing is tough. 

2 comments:

  1. THAT'S WHY THE DIVORCE RATE IS SO HIGH - NO ONE BELIEVES IN WORKING THROUGH THEIR PROBLEMS...IT GET'S ROUGH AND THEY HEAD FOR THE HILLS. THE WAY I SEE IT IN A RELATIONSHIP - AS LONG AS THE GOOD OUTWEIGHS THE BAD AND THERE'S NO ABUSE INVOLVED - PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTS AND MAKE IT WORK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm gonna try and stick this out - everyone needs a ride or die. People are so flaky nowadays! Can barely count on someone to tell you if something's in your teeth, much less be with you when times get rough. Shame!

    ReplyDelete