Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Stop Falling...

So, I've been having this strong attraction to the laws of Karma lately - and I feel like it's actually affecting me in a way that I least expected. My main goal in life is to treat people the way I'd want to be treated; to make people happy so that I can find happiness in return. I never realized that this could backfire...

I have someone that's in love with me. Sadly, the feeling is not mutual. As we all know, I've been focusing all my romantic energies to this relationship for the past how many months - almost a year now. I'm not sure if this gentleman realizes that, or if he's trying to overlook the fact. We used to talk a while ago - before I started being involved with "Him," but I realized he wasn't the person I was looking for - not to mention he had a girlfriend. This guy, let's call him G - tried to ask me out, and I told him that I'd already moved on. I thought he understood that. Apparently he hasn't - and he's been doing extra things to try and gain my interest. Unfortunately, my sights are set elsewhere, and I don't know what to do for him. 

It's been boiling down to the point where he'll ask me again - I saw it coming. He kept making hints, "Oh, soon you'll see," or "You haven't seen anything yet." And I tried to ignore it, but we can only run from things for so long. I felt horrible, but I realize that I've done all I can. I've been a good friend to him, never lied to him about anything - and now it's time for real honesty. Karma comes back into play. 



I've been having issues with "Him" when it comes to hearing his thoughts on things - and the one thing I asked him for was feedback, and I couldn't get the answers I was looking for out of him. I decided G wasn't going to get that treatment, because it wouldn't be fair to him. As I'm writing this post - he asked me out again. And I told him I couldn't. I haven't heard a response from him yet. I feel horrible - but I think this is the best approach. I could never lead him on - that's just not something I do. 

I once wrote this quote on Facebook, and it resonates in my life so much. 
"Remember in life, while you are pining for someone - there's someone in the world that is pining for you..."

Why do things like this happen? 

No comments:

Post a Comment