Friday, November 18, 2011

Infidelity - Me 4 U







Songz's Anticipation 2 Mixtape has got me thinking...


A lot of the songs tie into my life; things I've been through, places I've been - even my journey now. This song is a part of my past, and each time I hear it, I shake my head. The dialogue at the end really brought back some feelings for me, and it makes me wonder who else has experienced this type of heartache.


Is it possible for a human being to love another so much that they would cheat on them, yet not allow that person to leave the relationship? This is one question I could not find the answer to. Is it truly love that draws someone to psychosis, or is it pure selfishness? Listening to the lyrics, I'd shake my head every so often and think back to the past few years. 


"She told me I'm dying, I'm trying to survive. I'll never be enough if it's just me 4 u." 


Any woman would become jaded if they felt that no man can be satisfied with just one woman. When you fall in love with someone and find out he's unfaithful, or even just plain old promiscuous - you begin to question yourself. I wondered what could be wrong with me. Just listen to Infidelity (part 1) - "You kept me on this pedestal, no matter how much I let you down." I really put myself in a place where I felt like maybe I wasn't good enough, and that's a low point I've never experienced before. I found myself putting up with things, lowering my standards - and for what? To remain in an unhappy, unhealthy relationship with someone who only half way wanted to be there. But wouldn't let me leave...


Listen to the dialogue. Ladies - have you been here? Are you still there? If not, what made you leave? If so - where is your breaking point? When do we take the time to think about what WE need? Is it okay to lower your standards for someone you love? 


"You can never find another man, cuz I ain't never gonna understand. Even though I'm doin' wrong girl, you can never move along girl - cuz it's just me 4 u." 


And believe me when I say - no level of stalking, no abuse (which I would never EVER tolerate. I wish a ninja would...), no threats should keep you with someone who's hurting you emotionally. He may think I don't notice, but I do. I see you...


I tell no lies when I say music is my life. I think it was that song that actually made me get up and leave. It was a long road trip, and the drive home always seems longer when you leave your destination. I heard so many songs that weekend, over and over again. "Infidelity" came on, and I was disgusted. To think that I could sit and take that kind of disrespect. Because that's what it is - no matter how much they say they love you. 


In retrospect, I can look back at this and smile, and hope that other women who have been in that place get the sense enough to walk away. Know your worth - know their worth, too. Walk away and walk towards the destiny they deserve...


The journey continues... 


Infidelity/Me 4 U...


4 comments:

  1. wow.. This is what I am going through..
    and your words are only the truth. thank you.

    i guess im just waiting for him to change. but after listening to this song I am disgusted with what I have been putting up with for so long.

    I gotta leave.. I am ashamed of myself.

    love is fucking EVOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could help you get to that point. I don't ever want to be there again, and you shouldn't either. My inbox is always open if ever you need to vent...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its crazy I just discovered this song and he was the one to play it for me. Idk if it was a threat or an attempt for me to understand him. But I have let him get away with a lot in the name of love. I'm just now trying to require respect from him and if he can't do that which he is showing that he can't I'm done. I'm successful and don't deserve any of what he puts me through. This song depicts pure selfishness and me first attitude. Nothing talks about how precious of a woman she is and then he makes the infidelity her fault by saying she allowed it. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see what I'm saying? A lot of times, men (and women) behave this way to shield us from their insecurities. They bring ours to the forefront in order to make theirs nonexistent. It took me being alone to recognize how I wanted to be treated the next time I got into a relationship. I get it now. Listen to how he speaks to her. "Baby, look what you've allowed. Betta not find no n*gga in my house." Yet, he can do as he pleases. Who wants to be treated this way? If you're not happy, begin to plan your exit. That's the only advice I can truly give. Get your ducks in a row, then move them right out the door.

      Delete