Wednesday, November 30, 2011

_Insomniac Dreaming..._

I have chronic insomnia. I've had it for as long as I can remember. There was a time in my life where my sleeping patterns would go in cycles. One week I would sleep great, the next week I would sleep a little less, then less the next week, then five days without sleep. Then ten days. Then - my body would crash. I'd be unable to focus, feel irritated, and then I would fall asleep. Anywhere. Sometimes while working. While talking to customers, too. I would sleep great for a few days, then the cycle would start again. 


With insomnia, at my worst - I'd sometimes see things. People walking past me who didn't, hearing people say things they never said, blurred vision. It was bad. I haven't had it that severe in a few years, but I still have problems sleeping. Last week I was jerked out of my sleep from a bad dream. You know, the type where you feel like you're falling, so you reach out to catch yourself. Or reach up to block your face from being hit by a rock. Woke up in a sweat, but could not remember the dream. Last night - I had another one. This one lasted long enough for me to grab some of it. But I cannot figure out what the dream is saying to me. 


Myself and two girls (one of which I think I don't like much) are walking down a street. I don't know which city, and I don't know which girls  - but I know they were familiar like friends or acquaintances. We walk up to a warehouse looking building, and try to peek into the door window. It is unlocked, so we open the door and go inside.


The room is huge, with various hallways on each wall. We look down the hallways, but don't enter any. As we turn to leave the warehouse, someone walks by rolling a table. They don't say anything, they just walk from one hallway across to another. Two more people pass by. The warehouse door opens, and a man with a ski mask comes in, pushing a hospital gurney. On that bed was what appeared to be a body bag, but it was white. It seemed to be made out of felt or gauze, and blood was seeping through the fabric. 


Somehow, I end up on a gurney - and the masked man is raping me. I'm not screaming, but I am resisting. It then seems to become consensual, since I stopped resisting. I remember thinking within the dream that he is cute, because he took the mask off somehow. I think he asked me to lunch after. 


That's all I remember. I don't know how to read the dream, and I wonder if had anything to do with my last dream. I just want to figure out what it may mean - because it may be a key to avoiding danger...

2 comments:

  1. I hate hate that dream. Thatisall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here - but in my experience, sometimes they're biological alarms. I'd really like to find out what it could mean, but I don't want to over think it...

    ReplyDelete