Saturday, September 4, 2010

All I Want Is You...



"Damn. Cold world..."



This week was an awkward one for me. I had a guy approach me at the gas station and ask me for my number. I went out on a limb - and gave it to him. He called and texted me consistently throughout the week, consequently resulting in him asking me out for dinner. Oddly enough, after putting him off for a few days - I gave in and said yes.


I won't lie. Being complimented and paid attention to was nice. But throughout the meal, all I kept wondering about was Him. What he was doing, if he was thinking about me. How much I miss him. Wasting the man's time. I had a really enjoyable dinner - but found zero attraction. How come? 


Is it because I'm so fixated on this one human being that I can't see anyone else? Believe me, I've tried to withdraw my feelings, but I just can't seem to do it. In the back of my mind, I keep hoping that there's some sort of twist to this story and things will get better. This passive thing he does is starting to aggravate me, and I don't know what else to do. It's not like I don't have options, you know? I just know what I want and I can't walk away from him - no matter how I try. I think he knows this. He has once again become my kryptonite. Great. 


Guess I can take the S off his chest now... 

2 comments:

  1. that feeling...is something i do not miss about being single. i remember all too clearly how it felt to think about someone night and day and wish they were thinking of me. esp when he didn't make a move for me! it's def good to get out on dates with other guys though cuz you never know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think I just did it as a distraction. That failed, lol - but things are getting better with us, so hopefully that was a wakeup call for him. Cuz I definitely told him about it afterwards... 0_o

    ReplyDelete