Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Healthy Hair Quest: Brazilian Keratin Treatment





Since going natural four years ago, I've done all kinds of things to my hair. I texturized it for a while - and had to chop it off all over again. I have yet to touch a perm to it after all these years - but I do battle with shrinkage on a constant basis. My hair is extremely resilient and tends to reject products, so this issue remains. I've been researching the Brazilian Keratin treatment and I decided that this is a great way to maintain my natural curl and combat the shrinkage genies. 


My hair after deep condition and blowout. Permless. Lasts about a day.



I don't do hair videos and pics because I use a huge array of products and don't always do what I'm supposed to do with my hair. During busy times, protective styles are my favorite, and you might even catch me in a hat or two during the week. I'm trying to minimize that and let my soul glow more often - and I think this is just the way to do it. 


Pre-shrinkage. I love it. Post? Nahh.

One girl I've been watching on YouTube is "al00fone" - her music playlists are off the chain, and her videos are really quick and easy. She did the keratin treatment on her own, and got awesome results. I, personally don't trust myself to do such a thing, so I'll be going to NY to get the treatment done. 









She also has a follow-up video to show her hair a few months after the treatment. I'll post that soon, too.


My homegirl Ashley's gone through with the treatment, so I'm going to follow up with her and see how she feels about it. 


Anyone else ever done it? Consider it?? 


Before and After Pics:






Hard to find images of "black" hair that weren't permed prior to the BKT. I will keep searching... 

2 comments:

  1. your hair is very pretty! i think if you go to a pro you'll like the results : ) keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg...let me know how that goes bc I just put up a post about wanting to do something about my hair! ps...your hair rocks boo =]

    ReplyDelete