Sunday, September 12, 2010

||NYC Thuggin'|| - Fashion Night Out 2010

So, I didn't even realize the day was Fashion Night Out. I just wanted to hit the city with my friends. I packed regular Kimi clothing for the weekend, which often translates to something quirky or still ends up being fashionable. When Alyster told me what day it was - I hurried up and put something together, and I think I did alright. 


- Threadless Tee
- Rue 21 leggings
- Nike Air Max Ltd






We started off the day at the BAPE store in NYC - where we had to purchase an $80.00 t-shirt in order to see the iconic Pharrell. You would think the price would scare people away, right? Wrong. The line was like 200 deep, and lucky for us - our friends were already on line. We stood out there for almost two hours - but we got in, got our wristbands and hit the streets to kill time. 7PM would equal a free performance for everyone, followed by a meet-and-greet for the kids who scored wristbands. 




The line was banoodles, but a bunch of fly kids usually results in peace - since no one wants to ruin their kicks. 




There was a plethora of sneakers out there; some of them fake, some official. It was a treat to see what people would step out in. 


If you've never been in the BAPE store, it's a sight to behold. They consolidated it a bit, but it's still worth a trip. Space themed everything, paired with ice-cream and "board" games makes it a nerdy kid's wonderland. 




Of course, we were in there acting a fool...






We grabbed a bite to eat, then joined the crowd at the concert.




The concert ran on into the night...


Then - finally - it happened. After more hours of standing on line. The moment.


Yes! AND he put his hand on my waist! My life is fulfilled. 

More pics to come. Still reveling in the excitement. I had an awesome weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. ::sign:: I was so sure I'd be there this year...next year dammit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly Jin - we have to make this an annual thing and be ready to be out there all day! I wish I was better prepared, I didn't even have an evening look. SMH. And I call myself a fashion lover?

    ReplyDelete