Thursday, September 30, 2010

{{The Kimi Chronicles:}} Dilemma...





I'd love some feedback from you guys - phantom readers included. 


So, a few months ago - I had a "friend" approach me for advice while I was back home. We would talk occasionally back in the day; I'd go to her place if I got locked out of my apartment (we lived in the same building). Nothing too serious - like I don't know her favorite color, and I never really talked to any of her friends. But we were cool nonetheless. 


She told me she was having issues with a guy she was seeing. Told me I knew him. Explained that he'd been ignoring her BBM messages and stopped contacting her for almost a month - and wanted to know what I thought she should do. The more she went on, the more concerned I started to get - because she was describing Him. Then finally, I asked who it was (for confirmation), and she* said his name. 


{{*Tangent: Keep in mind - this is a candid blog and you read it at your own discretion. I can't see you - but you can see me. Sooo. Carry on.}}
I say that because I know a lot of people read my blog on the low. Nothing wrong with that, just know I keep it real. 

Anyway - I was upset inside, but I tried my best to keep it to myself. I gave her unbiased advice to the best of my ability. Portions of her story seemed fabricated and embellished to me, but the bottom line was that according to her - they slept together. I simply told her that if he was not making contact with her - she should leave him alone. Not for my own guilty pleasure, but because that's what I would tell any girl that was being ignored. We changed subjects, but for some odd reason - she kept coming back to talking about him. I started to get suspicious, but I let it rock. Kicked her out the house shortly after, though (nicely, of course). Couldn't take it. 

Didn't mention it to him for a few days; I had to let it stew in my head for a while first. Brought it to him jokingly, and he told me his side of the story. There's so many dynamics to the story - but I'll omit them, because this is still the real world. But - he did say he didn't sleep with her and he befriended her for valid reasons. I don't put anything past anyone - so the jury's still out on the whole situation. I'm over it, though.

Anyway - she keeps putting statuses up directed to him on her BBM, and it's begun to aggravate me. He can't see what she writes, nor does he care - but I feel like they're directed to making me feel some kind of way. She's pretending to not know that we're together, but I truly think she does. I think she wants to upset me in some form (can't understand why)- but it's not working. She asked me for advice today again - on how to get over him. I felt like just saying that I'm on to her - but I don't feel like getting into the drama. I just think it's funny that all of a sudden she's calling me "like a sister" when we barely used to socialize beforehand. 

My best friend 50 and I came to the conclusion that they must have had some sort of sexual contact at one time or another. This is why she is so sprung. What degree of sexual contact there was - we'll never know, but she's become a nuisance in MY life because of it. I truly value my privacy, which is why I haven't just come out and said that he's my boyfriend - but this is getting to be exhausting.  I don't mind being her friend, but damn - am I supposed to put up with this? 

What do you guys suggest?? 

3 comments:

  1. If she's doing this to get a rise out of u. Give her what she wants, inform her of u and his relationship, and kindly remove her and her drama from your life. Judging by your previous relationship it shouldn't be no biggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said - and the next time she comes to me, that's exactly what's going to happen. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all know if you keep squeezing a pimple it'll eventually come to a head and burst.

    She's squeezing, prying, digging, scratching...

    If you don't expedite the whole process, you'll be walking around with an ugly zit on your face till who knows when. No one wants that.

    Although bringing things to a head may leave a blemish, they go away after a while.

    Soooo how about them Nets...

    ReplyDelete